SECTION 326 IPC – ACID ATTACK
so today let’s see what is the punishment for an acid attack ” SECTION 326 IPC – ACID ATTACK”
Acid attack is one of every of the foremost ugly violent crime.
You will not realize it however It’s quite common in South Asia.
Bangladesh, Asian nation, and Asian nation area unit among the countries with the highest range of acid attack incidents.
In most of the cases, girls area unit the target of those crimes.
Uncontrolled and black sale of element and element acids encourage perpetrators.
The Indian legal code (IPC) has Section 326 A and 326 B to penalize the perpetrators of acid attacks.
Each of these sections was supplemental to IPC in 2013 through.
The legal code (Amendment) Act, 2013.
These sections area unit gender neutral — which means that victims of any gender area unit protected underneath.
These sections, though most of the acid attack victims area unit girls.
However, men have conjointly been the victims of this crime.
Section 326A of IPC
This section deals with the cases of acid attacks and specifies penalization for such against the law.
It states that:
326A: Whoever causes permanent or partial injury or deformity to, or burns or maims or disfigures or disables.
Any half or components of the body of an individual or causes grievous hurt by throwing acid on or by administering acid to it person.
Or by mistreatment, the other suggests that with the intention of inflicting or with the data.
That he’s doubtless to cause such injury or hurt, shall be penalized with imprisonment of either description.
For a term that shall not be but 10 years however which can touch imprisonment for keeps, and with fine:
Provided that such fine shall be simple and affordable to satisfy the medical expenses of the treatment of the victim:
Provided additional that any fine obligatory underneath this section shall be paid to the victim.
– For the needs of … this section, “acid” includes any substance.
That has acidic or corrosive character or burning nature, that’s capable of inflicting bodily injury resulting in scars.
Or disfigurement or temporary or permanent incapacity.
– For the needs of … the section, permanent or partial injury or deformity shall not be needed to be irreversible.
Section 326B of IPC
Indian Penal Code’s Section 326B specifies the penalization for tried acid throwing.
It states that:
326B: Whoever throws or tries to throw acid on someone or tries to administer acid to someone.
Or tries to use the other suggests that, with the intention of inflicting permanent or partial injury or deformity of burns.
Or maiming or disfigurement or incapacity or grievous hurt to it person.
They would be penalized with imprisonment of either description.
For a term that shall not be but 5 years.
However which can extend to seven years and even be vulnerable to fine.
– For the needs of section 326 A and this section, “acid” includes any substance that has acidic.
Or corrosive character or burning nature, that’s capable of inflicting bodily injury resulting.
In scars or disfigurement or temporary or permanent incapacity.
– For the needs of section 326 A and this section.
Permanent, partial injury and deformity shall not be needed to be irreversible.
So that’s all about “SECTION 326 IPC – ACID ATTACK”
- I always love and like to write down articles that are useful to update our knowledge regarding WOMEN SAFETY
- And most significantly don’t forget to subscribe to my website womensafetyinfo.com
- So that you’ll get the notification whenever I upload a new post related to “WOMEN SAFETY“. in particular,.
So I request you to stay updated with us.
- If you find my posts useful, Do Share these posts with your Friends and Family
- Have Questions? be happy to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To see some interesting information about SPACE EXPLORATION also check Mr.OUTER SPACE