WHAT IS SECTION 498A(IPC) ACCORDING TO LAW?
Most people do not know about what is actually Section 498A.
So let’s today talk about “WHAT IS SECTION 498A(IPC) ACCORDING TO LAW?”
What is Section 498A?
This section is used to deal with the violence done on women after her marriage by her husband or her-in-law. It has 3 years of punishment and a fine. It has given a new definition of cruelty.
What is the need for Section 498A?
Women have always been subject to cruelty in male society.
- Nowadays most cases are related to dowry. So there is a dire need for this law to prevent women from cruel.
- As we see in and in social media, women are continuously forced, tortured, threatened, or abused for demand, for something or the other.
- In many cases, women are also subject to mental cruelty. But there is no law that can help the woman to ease the mental pain caused to her.
The Indian constitution is using this law to protect married women from cruelty at the matrimonial home. This section is the most fiercely debated section of the IPC. The IPC crime against women has increased over the year. And most of the cases are from Delhi, INDIA.
Misuse of the law
Supreme Court calls Section 498A as ‘Legal Terrorism.
The misuse or abuse of the law is typically done by urban and educated women.
Also, in most of the cases, the husband and a pair of his relative’s units prosecuted.
Women use it as a weapon than to guard themselves.
- In Arnesh Kumar v. State of the province, it fully was declared that infirm grandfathers and grandmothers and even relatives living abroad were inactive.
- So, women have started victimization it as a weapon to induce their husbands inactive if they don’t seem to be proud of them.
- Their unit many false cases registered once a year, as a result, it’ll increase the pendency of cases inside the courts.
- There area unit form of cases once the male is not of Asian nation|Bharat|Asian country|Asian nation} and he involves India to marry the girl.
- As a result of extortion and concern of jail, he is created to do acts that he otherwise would not have done.
- He is below the priority of Section 498A. Police visit the geographic point premises of men and his name is eviscerated.
- Police could develop the relatives if the grievance is eviscerated.
- Also, it would not like any proof before arrest. Even no investigation is required.
- So, if there is a little dispute woman can use the section to hunt revenge.
- Gifts unit typically misunderstood as a gift. So, this can over again cause a drag.
So that’s all about “WHAT IS SECTION 498A(IPC) ACCORDING TO LAW?”
- I always love and like to write down articles that are useful to update our knowledge regarding WOMEN SAFETY
- And most significantly don’t forget to subscribe to my website womensafetyinfo.com
- So that you’ll get the notification whenever I upload a new post related to “WOMEN SAFETY“. in particular,.
So I request you to stay updated with us.
- If you find my posts useful, Do Share these posts with your Friends and Family
- Have Questions? be happy to contact us at email@example.com
- To see some interesting information about SPACE EXPLORATION also check Mr.OUTER SPACE